An Exane Group brand
of financial markets expertise
Creation of a proprietary index range
The Exane Index range of proprietary indices combines the fundamental ideas, strong convictions and multiple areas of expertise of the Exane Group, a financial markets specialist with over 25 years of experience. It covers many asset classes (equities, convertible bonds, bonds, commodities, etc.) and diversified themes reflecting various investment strategies (M&A, EM, dividends, etc.)
Research - the driving force behind Exane indices
for Pan-European equity research*
for convertibles research in Europe*
Exane Group Research, with 140 financial analysts , is widely recognised in European business surveys. It boasts global coverage of the main investment themes, via dedicated teams specialised in macroeconomic research, strategy and asset allocation, as well as by asset class (equities, convertible bonds, bonds, commodities, currencies, etc.).
Relying on Exane Group research, Exane Derivatives builds diversified proprietary indices based on the main asset classes and investment themes.
*2017 Extel Europe survey (votes from Fund Managers commissions weighted)
A distinctive range
Beyond segmentation by asset class, the construction of the Exane Index range relies on the company's Research, which is in the Exane Group's DNA.
- The Discretionary range indices are based on the best convictions of the Exane Group's 140 analysts in their area of expertise (M&As, emerging markets, etc.).
- The Systematic range indices are created according to a stringent approach derived from the financial research world.
- The Access range indices are optimised in order to secure exposure to a given market (Easy Access) or provide access to investments that are not directly accessible or complex.
A robust and transparent framework
While the Exane Index range relies on the convictions of the Exane Group, index creation and management is governed by stringent principles.
- The methodology determines the index construction and calculation rules
- Index breakdown and changes - Exane Index client account, reports, flash e-mailings, etc. are broad disseminated
- Performances are available on Bloomberg and from your Exane Index client account
For further details, please refer to the General Methodology of the Indices available here
Exane Derivatives SNC is an Administrator as per the Benchmark regulation and therefore registered at ESMA via the French regulator AMF.
- The Compliance Statement is available here.
The Benchmark Statement by benchmark family are available here:
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark Statement Commodities
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark Statement Monetary
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark Statement ECI
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark statement Credit
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark statement Multi-Asset
- Exane Derivatives SNC Benchmark Statement Equity
- Exane Derivatives SNC list of benchmarks is available here.
To find out more about investment solutions using Exane Index proprietary indices, please get in touch with your Exane Derivatives contact. Contact us